Wednesday 11 December 2019

On Hold

I had marked today down in the diary to get some modelling done, but a couple of things got in the way.

Firstly, a combination of the General Election and an acute staffing crisis means I'll have to spend the day in the office rather than on holiday.

Secondly, Himself made me send Glaslyn back for a photoshoot (see previous post) meaning I've lost my vital reference for Gwyrfai, which still needs the end pieces made.

It reminds me that there's another project which is on hold, which is my Van 51.


I cast the body shell parts with the intention of being able to produce it as a kit, but it has been stalled for a number of months while I wait for an etched part for the handrail to be made for me.

I'm getting to thinking that the best thing might be to pass it over to Himself who'll be able to knock up a bespoke one with his soldering iron and we can at least get one new model for Bron Hebog even if the kit never ends up going on sale.

It'll go very nicely on our Bridge Inspection Trains, so beloved of the Engineering Consultant.

When he's not helping us operate Bron Hebog he can be found organising the real trains around Porthmadog Harbour Station.


It's a good job the person who signed him off as a signalman never witnessed the chaotic state of the fiddle yards on Bron Hebog and Dduallt when he's left in charge of them....

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant!... and I look forward to the appropriate response from said gent. Oh, and if it becomes a kit, put me down for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should add no 1 van / 51 as built was my first "buffet car" on the D set back in the day, swiss air trolley strapped in and a tray service to the D set - 105,117.118, some time it got 110 vice no1 normally a small engine or alling Mountaineer.

    ReplyDelete