I've finished making the masters for the body of Van 51 and will soon bury them beneath silicone rubber to make the moulds.
I'd spent a lot of time considering how best to deal with the balcony.
I had to decide whether to try and cast it as a one-piece as part of the end of the van or do it as a separate casting.
As you can see, in the end I decided to make it a piece on its own which can be glued in place.
One of the reasons for this is I will put both the ends in the same mould box, and if the steps were attached to the end it might increase the chances of getting reject castings.
What I hope will be noticed when the finished model is put together is that I've put brass chequer plate onto the balcony steps and platforms, which should be a nice little detail.
Now to make the moulds, cast the first set and build a prototype.