Monday 6 January 2020

Plastic Meets Metal

With three quarters of the body pieces for Gwyrfai made I can begin to glue them together to start assembling a carriage.


The hardest bit is still to come, which is making the curved front of the obs end.

On Glaslyn I did this all in styrene, and on the FR carriages I made a master for bottom piece and then cast it in resin.

This time I’m going to try a brass former with a styrene skin.


The plan is for Himself to solder in the window pillars and add on a cant rail at the top, but obviously that has to be done before I can add and styrene, and before it can be attached to the rest of the body.

In the meantime I’ve made a floor piece and a temporary clamp to try and keep the rest of the body in shape as much as I can - it’s very flimsy and delicate at the front just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment