Tuesday 25 February 2020

Listen Up

He’s leaving it a bit late for a mid-life crisis, but it might be a plausible explanation for Himself’s latest purchase.



Some blokes seek out fast cars - or fast women - but Himself has decided to splash  out on a DCC sound chip for our Baldwin.

The fact that this minute piece of wizardry costs nearly as much as the model itself is just one of the aspects I’ve not yet got my head around.

I recall as a kid wondering aloud why we weren’t getting Zero One controllers for our OO trains and being put in my place about the pointlessness of new fangled technology,  so I’m not sure what to make of this latest development.

I shall be keeping a close eye on his behaviour.....

1 comment:

  1. It's magic: https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/reviews/video-unboxing-the-bachmann-009-baldwin-with-dcc-sound/

    ReplyDelete