It's been quite a few weeks since I've done any work on the NWNGR replica replacement carriage.
A couple of nights ago while half the household were out for the night taking in some of the action at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow I ran out of excuses and put in a couple of hours.
I drilled the holes in the chassis where the bogie will go and then tackled the roof skin.
As I described in detail in this article this is a two-stage process which involves fixing some supporting lengthways ribs before stretching a styrene skin over the top and bonding it firmly at each side so it doesn't spring free.
This is one of those jobs that you want to do in one session which is probably why I've been putting it off for a while.
And perhaps because of the nice summer weather we've this year the motivation to hide away at the workbench and do some scratch building has been a little lacking,
There's a reason why we tend to think of railway modelling as an autumn and winter activity.


No comments:
Post a Comment