Sunday 6 November 2011

Supplementary Seats

In a few snatched minutes of modelling this week I have knocked up the first pair of the big Pullman armchairs for the back of 'Glaslyn'.

Now I've sorted out how I'm going to make them, what size of strip to use where etc, I should be able to rattle off the other 10 fairly quickly.



You'll notice that these seats are rather less detailed in the leg department than the smaller chairs in the observation compartment, and that's for no other reason than you wouldn't be able to see them even if they were there. (Unlike at the front of the carriage where I can't get away with such shortcuts.)



Such a slipshod attitude is the reason I will never be inducted into any finescale fellowship, but I've never really seen the point in doing details you can't see. There are too many models to make and too little time.

Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment