Saturday 1 November 2014

The Bridge At The Back

Every so often Himself sends me some snaps of his latest work which takes my breath away.

It happened again this week with his fabrication of the walkway and handrails on the final bridge over the Afon Cwm Cloch which sits right at the back of the layout.

He has been soldering this up out of brass section and wire, and at considerable cost to his fingertips so I understand.


As you can see they are very big and complex structures.

I'm full of admiration for how he managed to solder all those bits together without other bits falling apart as he soldered each joint in turn.

So here are a couple of shots of the complete assemblies primed and fixed in position on the bridge.


I think you'll agree it looks very impressive.


We're really looking forward to showing it off again in Hull next weekend - details on the Exhibition Diary page.

1 comment:

  1. very impressive work, I can imagine the time and burnt fingers it took to construct it

    ReplyDelete