While Himself was busy inserting fence posts around the farm scene on the layout he took another look at our research photos and discovered that there were some walls missing.
Not your iconic Welsh dry stone walls, but walls built out of what you and I would probably call breeze blocks.
So he asked if I could knock some up by scribing into styrene?
Seeing how he was only needing around a foot of wall, in total, I agreed.
When I sat down to do it between Christmas and New Year, though, I realised I'd forgotten just how boring it can be.
By the time I'd scratched out six inch's worth I decided I couldn't face doing it another three times - because you have to do it on the back as well - and it occurred to me that there was no good reason why I shouldn't short circuit the process by using this first piece as a master and casting the rest.
Thanks to my inherent laziness I was able to leave the silicon rubber to set overnight and then the next morning, in the space of 2 hours, cast four sections which he can now use to make the 1 foot section of wall required.
So now I'm freed up to move onto the next project.
The bad news is that it also involves a lot of scribing into styrene and this time there will be no resin rescue option.