My Dundas kit for the VoR van arrived just in time for the weekend and I managed to snatch a few minutes to see how I could use it as the basis of a model of the vehicle as it runs on the WHHR now.
The main issues to address are that these days the van has lost its matchboard sides, replaced by large, smooth panels, and windows have been cut into the ends.
The look out duckets are also gone.
My plan all along has been to make a new body shell from styrene, but looking at the injection moulded parts - which are as fine as you'd expect from Dundas - I decided it would be a shame to waste the solebars and the footboards which are nicely detailed and a stronger part than I could make myself in styrene.
So what I've decided to do is to try and cut them off and then graft them onto the bottom of new sides and ends.
I've already got as far as measuring and cutting out the blanks and making a hole for the window in the single door on each side.
Now I shall be getting out the fine strip and starting on the panelling.