Wednesday 25 July 2018

Being Bee-Zee

I hope you've enjoyed the posts showing off some of my favourite models while I was away on holiday over the last few weeks.

Now I'm back I haven't wasted any time in getting on with the BZ wagon project.

I'm starting with the simpler of the two which follows the same pattern of struts as a B wagon with a small central door.

I've made the masters for the side pieces and also a first stage for the ends.



I say first stage because the ends on the BZ wagons - which fold flat to form ramps between them when they're coupled together - are not identical.

So what I've done is made an initial master with the details which are common to both ends, then I shall cast two copies of it and add the extra bits which are unique to each end, and use them as the final masters to cast from.

No comments:

Post a Comment