Friday 27 March 2020

Princess

There are two options here - either Himself is very bored with his self-imposed confinement already, or there’s a tricky task he’s trying to avoid!

Out of the blue last night there popped into my inbox news of a new project to make up an ancient white metal Small England as an unpowered, tow-around Princess.


Naturally I approve of this plan because I just love the England engines.

We already have a redundant old Ibertren chassis to mount it on.



The question, of course, is what livery to paint it in?

The current Victorian lined maroon in museum condition?

Or just liberated from the plinth in Blaenau condition with faded green and red frames?

For some reason I’m fascinated by tatty, Garrawegian brutalism, perhaps because it’s something I just have a vague memory of as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment