Tuesday 7 July 2020

Big Bonnet

We're indulging in another little fantasy - well, in fact, quite a large fantasy - with our latest loco project.

Ever since we ran one of the giant Lyd2 Polish diesels from the WHHR as a guest loco on Bron Hebog  I've fancied having one of our own.


Following an offer to build a bespoke chassis for us I've gone ahead and bought one of the Worsley Works body kits.

I warned Himself that it wouldn't be wise to build it until we receive the chassis but, as usual, he can't resist tinkering so as much of the body as he dares is already made.


There are those that say these machines would be very unkind to the permanent way on the WHR mainline, and others who declare they won't fit.

I couldn't claim to know enough about either, but just as we run Russell on Dduallt even when it would never fit just because it's fun, so we will do so with this beast on Bron Hebog.




2 comments:

  1. I've got some of the body details that are missing available in my Shapeways store: http://shpws.me/Lk5G
    This gives the headlights, bonnet vents and cranks. I've just done one in 009 using a stretched Grafar 08. Jeff B built the chassis under my own model which visited Bron Hebog at WHR Great and Small many moons ago: https://youtu.be/yucF3by0WtQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the sand boxes need cutting down substantially to clear the rods in 009.

    ReplyDelete