Tuesday 19 January 2021

The Dregs

Casting operations are paused while I wait on a new supply of resin arriving.

Such was the brisk demand for wagon kits and other castings in 2020 that I got through the previous 1kg consignment in record time, and now I only have the dregs left in the last of the decanted miniature bottles, which are much handier to use and an insurance against spillage disasters.

I did wonder whether I was going to hit trouble when it came to re-ordering, given all the issues with Brexit and that the particular brand of resin I use is imported into the UK from Germany.

Fortunately, the only delay this time is due to the relocation of the UK warehouse. Fingers crossed the importer keeps stocking it.

Hopefully there won't be any issues, either, when I come to get in more of the RTV silicone rubber I use which comes from a company in Northern Ireland.

It seems crazy to me, as a bloke in my mid-40s, that such things should ever be a consideration but these are the daft times we've found ourselves in.....




No comments:

Post a Comment