Tuesday 12 January 2021

Widget

To adapt a phrase, necessity is the father of invention....

A wire on an electrical connecting socket broke the other day on my son's OO layout at my house, but the only one of us with a pin removal tool is Himself.

A Covid-compliant trip was organised to collect the said device to enable me to effect a repair (which didn't take more than a couple of minutes with the soldering iron).

No sooner did I message Himself to make arrangements to return the gizmo to him, the next time I was passing his house, he informed me that in the meantime he'd been channelling his 'inner Stefco' and come up with a homemade version, so I should keep hold of the original gear.

Now, I happen to think that's rather impressive, and worthy of a wee blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment