Wednesday 6 January 2021

Well Pleased

I got a little modelling done over the Christmas and New Year holidays with a few more steps on the FR well wagon prototype.


First I had to make a second bogie frame design for the Caernarfon end of he wagon which has a square-cornered extension unlike the semi-circle at the Blaenau end, which is how these Polish bogies were originally made.

This end also has the vacuum cylinder mounted on the longitudinal bar.

It took a little bit of head-scratching to work out how to cast it and get it angled.

My solution was to cast the bracket and the top end as one piece and the main lower bit of the cylinder which can be glued onto it to make up the unit which can be fixed onto the bogie.

There's not much more I can do on this until I get the brass deck designed and test etched, but I think it is showing promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment