Saturday 23 October 2021

Bendy Wagon Project

One of the things I'll be getting on with in the next few weeks (although how much time I'll have amid covering the chaos of the Cop26 climate summit is questionable) is a commission to make another model of the FR's very bendy tool box van.

You can read more about the story behind our scratch built version here.

Now I've just got to try to remember what I did and make an exact copy.

My customer has already provided me with a pair of Dundas Hudson skip wagon chassis which are the basis of the running gear.

The two wheels under the central platform are non-rotating dummies which have had their tyres removed.

I suppose it would be possible to find a way to make them work, but you only really notice they're there when you turn the thing upside down, so there doesn't seem to be that much point in bothering.

Which is all very amusing when I reflect on how some people contributing to certain online forums appear to have me ranked as a rivet-counting perfectionist for my - I thought quite balanced and fair - critique of the new RTR England locomotive.

If they ever looked closely at any of my models they'd realise nothing could be further from the truth!



No comments:

Post a Comment