The early part of the summer was taken up with work on the housing estate scene.
The conservatory which I had to build for the back of the latest house was one of the more challenging bits of the estate I've had to make.
Himself had been doing some work on the gardens of the houses which are already in place on Bron Hebog.
He'd also been busy creating the cemetery above the crossing on the far left hand side of the layout.
I decided to take a break from house building and put together the castings for Superbarn 118 which I'd cast the previous year but kept stored.
Himself was also giving some attention to the scenery on the top of Goat Tunnel, planting a copse of trees.
We also made a start on the last major scenic challenge on Bron Hebog which is lining the Cutting Mawr at the back of the layout with rock.
Instead of using slabs of real rock, which is what we did on Dduallt, we've decided to try casting copies of sections in resin which will be lighter and make the layout slightly less heavy.
By this time I'd started work on the last two houses to complete the Oberon Woods estate scene, both of them are detached (mostly) bungalows.
Himself had a few models which needed priming and decided it was time to give our Welsh Pony a coat.
The photo was taken in black and white - if it was in colour you would see that the primer is actually red oxide.
We did use grey primer as the base coat of the new Superbarn 118 which was ready to start being painted.
It's seen here on the shelf in front of some of the Superbarn fleet including the service car 125 and the observation car 150.