Friday 24 August 2018

Just Brake Pipes To Go

As far as my part in them goes the two BZ wagons are done.


The main thing that they're still missing - apart from colour, of course - is the brake pipe runs and the vacuum bags, but that's Himself's speciality so I shall pass them over to him to complete that job.

As is quite often the way I never really appreciated how different the two are until I studied them in detail for making the models.

Not only are there very different side door solutions on the two designs but they have their brake cylinders on opposite sides.

I've also come to the conclusion that the one nearest the camera is derived from a cut down B wagon while the one at the back, with the remains of the hinges on the frames, was built up on the chassis of a DZ wagon.

Oh yes, one more task I forgot - fitting couplings to the bogies.

That might help.....



No comments:

Post a Comment