Sunday 26 August 2018

One Careful Owner

I've had a go at distressing the model of the Ford Puma to try to make it look like it's had an argument with a Garratt.

Does that look convincing?


The technique I used in the end was a heat one of my spoon-shaped scribing tools over a gas burner on the stove and press it into the panels which look the hits.

The area was weathered using a dry brush to try and pick out the shape more and then the previously shiny plastic was given a coat of matt varnish.

I'll take it over to Himself's place later today and see what it looks like abandoned by the lineside.

3 comments:

  1. Needs a bent in door as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'm sure you've got your ideas for how it is supposed to look, but I found this quite good for making broken looking glass http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/08/tutorial-broken-glass.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. Looks like a Ford should do now!

    ReplyDelete