Tuesday 9 April 2019

Secret Squirrel

This is all very cloak and dagger, but Himself has taken on a secret mission.

If you watched the recent TV documentary on Hornby you may remember they featured a modeller who volunteered to test-build their latest Airfix kits.

Himself is doing something very similar, the only difference is that we’ll get to keep this one afterwards.


It’s a prototype for an outside frame chassis kit for the Baganall 0-4-2 tank, such as Gelert on the WHHR.

Even the packaging was very mysterious and must have puzzled the postie.


I’m limited in how much more I can tell you but hopefully I can post a few updates as the project progresses.


4 comments:

  1. Looks very interesting, I do hope it'll lead to a full kit of the bagnall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s intended to go with the Robex 3D body for the Bagnall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. In the early 80s, I built three prototype etched kits for Blacksmith Models (never got to keep them, they went on display at his stand at various exhibitions). I did pick up on the fact that the two GWR 70' Toplights had the end windows the wrong size. Dave Smith had to go back and redo the artwork. I enjoyed building them and have built many etched kits since them. I was only 20 when I built them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! Looks like a belt drive 4-wheel chassis, suspended within the frame in a way that allows the chassis to compensate and place some of the weight on the rear bogie. Just like I would have done it...

    ReplyDelete