Monday 29 April 2019

Strip Search

I decided to do something which was long overdue yesterday, and tidy up my modelling area.


It was the perfect time to do it, having finished my work on number 20 and handed it over to Himself, and the place was becoming a bit of a disgrace.

Although I try to be quite disciplined about putting materials back when I've finished with them, it seems inevitable that over a period of months I build up a collection of stray plastic strips scattered all over the desk.

The simplest thing would be to gather them up and put them in the bin with all the other offcuts and chaff, but, as I posted here a while ago, I'm acutely aware that this stuff is getting a lot more expensive than it used to be.

As a result, the miser in me (which is never far from the surface) decided it was a worthwhile investment of my time to go through them all, work out their size, and sort them back into the vast collection of packets.

I am now bathing in the warm glow of both tidiness and thrift.

2 comments:

  1. I just have a big pack of the random sizes, which I top up every so often. There are a few specific packs, but not many. Perhaps I'm a bit of a random modeller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have a packet of misc strips too, but when working on a project where I need very specific sizes, such as carriage sides, it would be a right faff to hunt through that each time for the type of strip I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete