Wednesday 20 May 2020

10th Anniversary

We’ve reached a milestone!


I realised the other day that it’s now a decade since I began writing this blog, and for someone who’s never managed to keep any sort of journal going that seems like quite an achievement.

These were some of the first images of the layout I posted in 2010 when we were still in the foothills of an epic project.


I believe they were taken at a narrow gauge show at Sparsholt College but my memory may be playing tricks.


At the time we only had the station and its immediate approaches built, with just the most rudimentary landscaping, so it was just a shuttle service in operation.


We’ve come a long way in the last 10 years - quite literally in Himself’s case! - and it’s very satisfying to know the layout is now effectively complete and that the process has been documented here in thousands of posts.

Ironically, the very reason I began blogging was the realisation that it would be many years before we were taking a layout to exhibitions again - with Dduallt retired - and going online seemed the logical way to still be able to share our modelling and make sure we weren’t forgotten about.

Now here we are in 2020 with all exhibitions for the foreseeable future cancelled.....

3 comments:

  1. Good morning. I have an un started NGG 16 Backwoods Miniatures kit, that I will never get around to build. I am happy to accept an offer for it, but bear in mind you will have to pay shipping from South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, we're always interested in opportunities like that. Can you email privately bronhebog (at) btinternet (dot) com please. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. The Sparsholt exhibition wasn't held at a venue with sports hall flooring so I think it must have been somewhere else. I do remember seeing it in progress there in 2012 or 2014 though.

    ReplyDelete