Tuesday 16 August 2011

Now, Where Was I?

It's always tough getting back into the groove after a holiday, isn't it? Especially when you've been away for best part of a month as I have.

I have, though, dragged myself back to the workbench and continued with my latest contract carriages.

Here's the state of play with the model of rebuilt '70's prototype 116.



Strip has been added to represent the bus-style sliding windows and the doors, which are ever so slightly recessed on this carraige, were made up by bonding a layer of styrene behind the main section of bodyside.

The ends were made up in the usual way. These were nice a quick to do because they are flush metal panels, and it was glued up into the box shape you see here and a floor and underframe added.

Later this week I hope to get the roof done and bring buffet carr 114 up to same point.

After these two are finished there's a 4mm NWNGR 'Gladstone Carr' to make and then some really big challenges. New clients have asked me to make some 7mm FR and WHR stock. They're going to seem really huge to work on after a lifetime in 009!

No comments:

Post a Comment