Sunday 30 September 2012

Let's Get Ready To Rubber

I'm just about ready to make the first mould for the ballast wagon kit.

Here you see the wagon side in its moulding box about to be covered in silicone rubber.


This isn't the same side I showed you the other day. I decided to make a second one because I wasn't completely happy with the angle on the ends of the hopper.

You can see it's got some additional details on now such as the two gearboxes which are part of the mechanism for opening the doors on the chutes, the triangular brackets at the very ends and on the left one of the supports for the two brake cylinders which sit diagonally opposite each at the ends of the NG-Y's.

If the mould turns out OK and I get some satisfactory casts from it then I shall move onto making masters for the hopper ends and the main frame of the wagon.



1 comment:

  1. Another very promising looking potential kit there Rob! I can imagine some demand for these too!

    ReplyDelete