Himself is cracking on with WHR saloon 2047 after I delivered it to him last week.
Already it's been primed and he's begun applying the top coat to the interior and the outside of the body.
Much to my embarrassment he discovered (another) error which I had made.
Somehow I had managed to fit the electrical connections on the wrong side on each end of the carriage - goodness only knows how I managed to do that because I was using 2046 as a guide alongside be.
I'm beginning to believe that this carriage is cursed!
He also did some delicate soldering to firm up the brass brake rigging underneath which had been secured (or indeed, unsecured) with superglue.
Despite the litany of errors during construction on my part I'm sure he'll turn out a carriage which looks as good as all the other ones.