Monday 5 August 2019

Buffet Start

I’ve made a tentative start to the interior for the WHR buffet car.


I say, tentative, but perhaps a better word would be strategic, because I know that Himself has taken a set of research pictures for me during a week volunteering in Wales on the FR, so it would be wise not to rush too far ahead and wait for some better views than the few I’ve found online so far.

The base needs to be made with two layers because of the brackets at either end which attach the floor to the body sides, meaning it is not completely flat inside along the floor.

I’ve also had to make allowances for the nuts and the bolt heads for the bogie pivots.

The blanks for the compartment dividers are cut but I’ll wait for the aforementioned photos before cutting the door windows / hatches in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment