Wednesday 7 August 2019

The Pink Seats

Thanks to a comprehensive set of research pictures taken by Himself on a visit to the WHHR last week I’ve felt able to make a start on fitting the interior into the Buffet Car.

I’ve begun with the posh benches in the 1st class compartment, which are very similar to those in the Gladstone Car we’ve just finished,  and which will also be painted pink.


I’m not one for ridiculous levels of detail - I won’t be making tiny cups and bottles to stock the shelves in this carriage - but it does seem reasonable to at least fit legs to support the front of the benches, even if they’re not elegantly turned like the real ones.


The three long ones are in place now, but I shall have to fit the compartment division before the individual seats either side of the door are glued in.

No comments:

Post a Comment