Tuesday 13 August 2019

Renovation

Finding myself in between railway-related tasks temporarily I have made a start on renovating the 25 year old model of a cottage I made for my friend.


Some task were quite simple, such as repairing and replacing the chimney pots, and refitting glazing which had fallen out, but restoring the delicate decorative valance along the front was every bit as challenging as making it in the first place - except my eyes are a quarter of a century older now!


The whole house will need a fresh coat of ‘whitewash’ too.

I will also try to renovate the wooden plinth it sits on, as well.

Since the day I made it it’s never been quite flat, with a pronounced curve on the top surface, so I shall see if Himself can attack it with his electric planer.

No comments:

Post a Comment