Friday 1 February 2013

Dinas Or Donnybrook?

I've got a pretty sizable collection of SAR NG wagons on the workbench at the moment.


Most of them are not 'mine', they're some of my resin kits which I am putting together for some favoured clients as 'added value' products.

As I looked up from by workbench towards the shelf where all these are stored I was struck by the thought of how, six months after I started this kit producing malarkey, it will now possible to create a very authentic South African NG scene in 009, in addition to modelling the modern WHR.

I believe some of my customers are intending to do just that, with some making noises about double-figure orders for the NGY ballast wagon and B wagon kits.


Prominent in the shot above are the two kinds of DZ wagon with the original height ends and the cut-down low ones.


I am also very pleased with the way the resin transfer rivets have cast on the latest version of the DZ.  The look particularly effective along the long run along the top of the doors and on the distinctive curved hinges.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I receive the etches for the Bettendorf bogies to go along with the B wagons and the NGY's and I can get both kits into full production.

No comments:

Post a Comment