Wednesday 19 February 2014

Satisfaction

It probably says something unflattering about my personality type but when batch building I like to try to bring all the models up to the same point at the end of each session rather than having some more advanced and others lagging behind.

That's why the other day I made up and fitted 14 of these handbrake wheels (etched for me by Narrow Planet)to the 7 flat wagons I've got on the go


I find there is a point in every model build that stands out as the most satisfying moment and with the ex-SAR wagons it's most definitely adding these brake wheels.

With their decagon shape they are so distinctive and for me slotting these in position is the moment the wagon comes alive - which is a silly thing to say about a resin model, I know, but I hope you'll understand what I mean.



1 comment:

  1. For me it's adding buffers. I always leave this late in the job as the model really starts to look finished when they go on.

    ReplyDelete