Friday 10 June 2022

Where This Train Terminates

You may have noticed that posts on here have become rather infrequent, of late.

I think I may have a chronic case of Blogger's Block - I have simply run out of things to say.

There is modelling going on, but mostly it's for personal enjoyment and not necessarily for public show.

As I posted a few weeks ago, the layout is essentially complete now, and the locomotive and rolling stock collection has reached a certain maturity.

And anyway, the stats would suggest that interest in this blog, at least, is waning. 

The pageviews stats reached a plateau have been in steady decline over the last couple of years. 

I did think that the pandemic might have reversed this decline, as people spent a lot of the extra time they suddenly found themselves with building layouts.

Or, alternatively, that the return to exhibitions might boost readership and awareness again, but neither has proved to be the case.

In fact views now are back to where they were 10 years ago.

Strangely enough, this has come just at a time when the profile of 009 - and FR modelling - has never been higher with the emergence of some terrific RTR products.

Is this coincidence or somehow connected? I have no way of knowing.

I don't want this blog to become something that withers away, where people wonder what's happened to it?

Better, I think, to properly draw a line under it and explain why posts have stopped.

It's not going to vanish - well, not for as long as the Blogger servers stay online - and everything that's been posted will still be here to read.

I shall keep updating the exhibition diary if any new dates come in, and there are other pages with galleries of the layout, features on the rolling stock and video footage.

It might be something I come back to, or I might not, we'll see how it goes.




8 comments:

  1. Robert Shrives10 June 2022 at 21:20

    Thanks for many years entertainment ! Loooking forward to the next opus where you model the Combined Bangor station with its OLE and electric traction on the NG...
    Whizz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great blog I have enjoyed reading all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an Australian who has practically no interest in Welsh railways this blog has always been in my eyes a beautiful view on what a dedicated group of modellers can achieve when working together as well as a great look at some fantastic solo modelling that always inspired me to go back to the workbench. Thanks for the inspiration over the years its been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until you decide to extend either layout. You could add on the Aberglaslyn pass or what about Tan-y-blwch. Will keep dipping in just to check.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I kept you bookmarked. We will see how it goes. Yours is one of the blogs I have read the longest. Sorry to see you go, but a lot of other long time bloggers are throwing in the towel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has (and is) a great read. Only recently discovered by me. I’ve still got a lot of stuff already on here, to get through. A massive thank you for being an utter inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear this, but I completely understand why. It's very difficult to keep coming up with new content all the time, and as you say, the layout is complete. We'll just have to wait for your S gauge Steampunk project! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear this, but I completely understand why. It's very difficult to keep coming up with new content all the time, and as you say, the layout is complete. We'll just have to wait for your S gauge Steampunk project! (Repeated as Google published without my name)

    ReplyDelete