Sunday 6 January 2013

Dot To Dot

Applying rivet transfers is one of those tasks that requires total concentration and which really clears the mind and relaxes the body - or at least I find it so.

While the family were otherwise amusing themselves for an hour or so (a rare event as most of my modelling is confined to the hours when I've got the house to myself) I dug out my pack of Archer's rivets and stuck them onto one side of one of my DZ wagons destined to join the Bron Hebog fleet.


As you can see there are quite a lot of them.

The long runs along the top of the doors are the simplest. It's the messing about with the door hinges and all the little groups and odd ones and twos along the bottom frame that takes the time.

Here's a shot of it with all of them in place.


By this time I was started to get a little cross-eyed and so it's probably just as well that I've decided to let these dry for a day or two, and then I will give them a coat of clear varnish, before I tackle the other side.

The last thing I want is to turn it over without them fixed firmly in place because there's a real risk I will end up knocking some of them off as I work on the other side.

Were that to happen riveting would most certainly no longer be a relaxing and soothing job...

No comments:

Post a Comment