Thursday 11 July 2013

Third Time Lucky?

Another test etch has arrived courtesy of  Narrow Planet for the brass bits and pieces for the ballast wagon kit.

This is the third version of the design in a process of trial and error to get the parts to fit as best we can.

The one remaining issue - which we're hoping will have been sorted this time - is the semi-circular cut out in the cover pieces which fit over the vacuum cylinders.  (Those guillotine blade shaped pieces you can see on the fret.)



I haven't had a chance to cut them out and try them on the prototype yet but I will report back here when I have.

If all is present and correct then I can get the first production batch ordered and my exceedingly patient customers can look forward to receiving some kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment