Wednesday 30 April 2014

Carriage Painting Continues

While Himself has been busy extending Bron Hebog onto the new board I have been plugging away with painting the three Super Barns I have been commissioned to build.

This is the first of the trio ready to be varnished.


There's not much to be said except that in radical development (for me) I sprayed the cream colour before brushing on the maroon, black, grey etc in the traditional fashion.

It was something I did to save time and although results are adequate I suspect it would work out a lot better doing it with an airbrush where you can direct a fine spray just where you want it as opposed to the rather crude delivery from a hobbyists aerosol.

The second carriage is all but done, as I type, and I'll be starting work on the third and final one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment