Sunday 15 March 2015

Laying The Foundations

Model houses, like the real ones, should extend below the surface of the ground around them and I've been adding this foundation to my model of number 23 Oberon Wood which is nearing completion.


This foundation helps to ensure the house sits more securely in the scenery (as opposed to on top of it) and means there will be no obvious gaps around the bottom.

Because these houses are finished with a thick layer of render I've found it most effective to add and extra layer behind and below the main walls which is why I've left it towards the end of the build.


I've also added the ridge tiles now and all that remains is the gutters and downpipes, but I shall need to order in more supplies of the right size and shape of styrene for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment