Wednesday 20 January 2016

The Bit I Like Best

A couple of hours uninterrupted modelling time saw me complete all the window frames in number 18.


With those in place I was able to get on with the best bit of a house build - joining all the walls together to see the shape of the structure for the first time.


You can see very clearly in the picture above how the roof slopes in three directions and the main part of the house forms an 'L' shape with a gallery window which is a common feature on these Oberon Wood properties.


That long window is up high in the wall facing the east so I suspect that its purpose is not to look out of but instead to catch the morning sunlight which will shine down into what I suppose is a bedroom.


The window pillars on the big patio door are the most delicate feature on this model.

Because the bottom of the frame sits below the render line I had to butt join them at the bottom onto the sill and I've already knocked them off and had to re-bond them a couple of times.

I don't think it'll be the last time either, alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment