Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Strangest Ones Yet

The next pair of houses I'll be tackling for the Oberon Wood scene will look very different.


While no two houses that I've built so far have been completely identical there are at least some common themes at work.

In the row that leads down the hill at the left hand end of the scheme - the Porthmadog end, if you like - there are these two in the middle which stand out from the rest.

As ever, the Artistic Director has prepared a great set of hand drawn plans for me to work from.

He gives me a full set of elevations marked with all the relevant measurements, but with shapes as complex as these it's also very useful to have these three dimensional sketches to give me clues about how the whole thing is supposed to fit together.


This is one of the sketches of number 18, the house on the right in the picture at the top of the post.

It should be an interesting project and I'll be able to get cracking on it later this week I reckon.


No comments:

Post a Comment