Sunday 2 August 2020

Brass Bands

I've been adding the fiddly brass details to complete the Maenofferen tank waggon.


Himself kindly provided a sheet of brass boiler bands which are just the job for the metal strapping which is a very distinctive feature of this waggon.

They're about 1mm wide but, inconveniently, don't wrap all around the tank but instead have a joint at the top which means they have to be made out of four pieces rather than two stretching right around it.

This required a lot of bending and shaping before they were super-glued in place, and the same went for the struts at each end.

Incidentally, have you noticed that isn't positioned centrally but overhangs the chassis more at the filler end?  

I wonder why that might be?

The last pieces I added was a handle on the top of the filler and locking screw, both of which I formed out of brass wire.

Now I shall hand it over to Himself to attach the couplings and paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment