Monday 24 May 2021

Bags of Drewry

The previously mentioned aspiration to build a model of WHR diesel number 9 has taken a big leap forward with he arrival of some prototype etches.

We were offered the chance to buy them from the owner of RT Models who is working on bringing out a kit to run on the Farish 08 chassis. (What else?!)

Unless I am mistaken - which is always a possibility - these are in nickel silver, and I bought them knowing that at least one detail will need to be kit-bashed, because the etched vents in the side doors along the bonnet are in the wrong places.

This is more than outweighed, I hope, by the benefits of a crisp, solid and reasonably heavy body structure.

The other fun aspect is that it because it is a test etch it doesn't come with any instructions, so I'm sure Himself is going to thank me for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment