Friday 14 May 2021

Pickering Pots

Apologies for the unusually long gap between posts on the blog, which I can attribute mostly to the inconvenience of the election, and its aftermath, here in Scotland, which has required a lot of overtime in my professional life.

Added to which, Himself has been occupied with projects which I am not going to publicise on this page.

So the upshot of all this is there's not been a lot to tell you about, expect that I managed to get the experimental lamp pots for the Pickering brake carriage passed to Himself, but I fear it's going to be back to the drawing board.

It's always hard to judge when the model is unpainted, but I think it's pretty clear the pieces are too big and I shall have to try and make some smaller ones - which is a real pain because these were very fiddly to make.

In my defence I would say that these items are always one of the hardest items to judge because you rarely see them in real life from the sort of angle that you view a model - from above.



1 comment:

  1. Rob

    Yes, I found the same when producing some Pickering Lamps for my Welshpool and Llanfair Coaches. The only photos available at the time were from below looking into the light. It took several iterations until I was happy with them - https://going-loco.blogspot.com/2020/09/welshpool-coaches-3d-prints.html

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete