Saturday 14 July 2012

DZ Assembled

So the first DZ 'kit' is complete - and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out.


For the moment I've got it temporarily mounted on a pair of old Nine Lines bogies I have hanging around.

They are not going to be suitable for the finished wagon, however, because the axleboxes stick out so far they foul on the wee drop down door-stopping thingies and don't allow the bogies to swing very much at all.

Hopefully the other kind which Himself uses on the rest of our rolling stock will be a little slimmer and won't suffer the same problem.


And here it is after adding a few finishing touches, such as the cast brake gear bits which have been strung together with some 0.5mm wire and on each end one of the distinctive SAR handbrake wheels which were etched for me a while back by Worsley Works for my ballast wagon project.


I've already had a number of people asking about these wagons and have decided to make the castings available to other modellers.

I'll be posting more details over on the Boston Largs Works site.

No comments:

Post a Comment