Sunday 31 March 2013

Fake Frames

More progress to report with the WHR Tool Van.

I've started faking up the framing on one of the sides.


Why do I say fake?

Well, it's another one of those occasions where a model is made in completely the opposite fashion to the prototype.

On the real wagon the volunteers began by forming a framework out of metal angle section and then installing the walls behind, whereas I have started with the walls and added the frame on top.

Because I am cheap I have used channel section styrene and sliced off one side rather than investing in a pack of L angle, but it looks effective enough.

Its propped in place for the photo, hence the presence of the bottle of correction fluid.  (No brand names for non-modelling products here!)



No comments:

Post a Comment