Monday 3 September 2018

Falling Behind

I've let Boston Lodge get ahead of me in the carriage-building stakes again and this autumn I shall have to play catch-up.

I've had these castings for super barn (sorry, super saloon) 120, set aside for quite a few months but the motivation to put it together was lacking whilst all the while the real carriage was commissioned and put into service.


It's a terrible thing to say but sometimes you can get a little bored (just a tiny wee bit) of making similar models - even if the carriage works crew are always keeping me on my toes with their sneaky alterations to the design.

By my reckoning this will be the seventh super barn saloon I've built, and the fourth of the revised design with the big windows, so you can maybe understand why the novelty has worn off.

However, there's nothing else for it, I need to man up and get on with it, so I retrieved the castings from the photo album where they've been safely squashed all this time, and begun the process of cleaning up the flash from the casting process.

I got the first one done and then, as they used to say on kids summer holiday telly when I was young, I went off and did something less boring instead.....


2 comments:

  1. Why Don't You!

    Do you add weight to the carriages to improve the running qualities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need, they're heavy enough with the cast interior and the brass roof. Besides which the layout has a gradient so the last thing we want is to make the trains even heavier.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete