Friday 16 November 2018

Gottle Of Gear

Lots of people find the idea of building a brass locomotive kit intimidating: I know I certainly do.

One of the things that would most certainly give me nightmares is Walschaerts valve gear, so I find this picture Himself sent me of one complete set ready to be installed on an NGG16 power unit quite astonishing.


I am not mechanically minded at all.

In fact I don't mind admitting that I struggle to following what all the bits pieces are doing when they're cranking around and jiggling back and forth.

All I know is that I'm in awe of both the people who design the etches and those, like Himself, who can put it together.

I can't imagine it will be very long before this is fitted on the power unit and ready to be tested.

Watch this space......

1 comment:

  1. I am, just like himself I suspect, one of those who likes nothing more than messing around with bits of metal and a soldering iron on a wet Sunday afternoon. I am though a 7mm/ft narrow gauge modeller and to see this level of craftsmanship in OO9 just astounds me.

    ReplyDelete