Wednesday 15 July 2020

Under The Weather


Two of our new tow-around models are finished after a visit from the airbrush to make them look suitably distressed and uncared for.


I found myself in Himself's bad books because on first seeing the picture of Livingston Thompson on my phone I replied with a message querying whether it had been weathered? - and received a withering reply!

That's the trouble with pictures, sometimes.

I popped in a few days later to examine it by eye, and I could see at once that it has been heavily weathered and now has a very dull and dusty look as if it has just been pulled out of the Maenofferen shed after 14 years.

It's pictured here in the station siding on Bron Hebog, but it should only really be appearing on Dduallt.

The other project to acquire some instant ageing was the various components of our dismantled NGG16 which are now looking nice and grubby, as are the DZ flat wagons they are sitting on.


This doesn't have an identity, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if people start calling it 109.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you managed to "save" the Garrat model. The display on the three flat wagons is very striking and you and himself are to be congratulated for it.

    ReplyDelete