Sunday 19 September 2021

Killing Time

In the previous post I said I had run out of excuses for not getting on with the doors on diesel 9, well, how prophetic those words turned out to be!

That very same day I somehow found myself - finally - among the millions testing postive for Covid.

As I am the only one in the household who needs to isolate, and because I have shut myself away for the duration in the room where I do all my modelling, there's no reason not to crack on.

Forget any idea that I shall be spending the whole ten days beavering away on models, though, because at the start of lockdown my employer issued us all with the kit to broadcast from home, so for most of these ten days everything is cleared away to turn the desk into a temporary news studio.

For this weekend, however, I have packed all that away and filled the empty hours with some casting work for customers and made a first attempt as a master for the door castings on the diesel's bonnet.

These are to replace some thin etched panels so I've made them out of 10" styrene and put a blank door on either side so I can use the castings that are produced with the door with the vent either to the left of the right.

This has been formed into a casting box and is curing under the RTV as I type.

For those who are curious about my health, I'm pleased to report that four days after testing positive my experience of Covid after being double-vaxxed seems no different to a winter cold, so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment