Thursday 23 December 2021

The Final Track Pin

I have completed the track laying on the narrow gauge side of the 'test track' layout.


The final section was a couple of sidings into the shed area, for which I had to raid Himself's stash of joiners for the handful I was missing.

It's strange to think that it's exactly a year since my son received his first proper 'train set' for Christmas and now I have a permanent layout in my home for the first time in more than thirty years.

Its *ahem* just for testing, of course, but I've found there are a surprising number things that require testing on a regular basis, and it's a burden I am willing to bear....

The locomotive in the pictures is the only one I have to hand to pose a couple of shots that emphasis the diminutive size of the smallest 009 locos, even though they are to the same scale as the standard gauge ones.

It was purchases a few months ago to use as a donor for its Minitrains F&C outside frame chassis.

I have a idea for a couple of locomotives for the 'test track' using the aforementioned chassis and a 3D printed body designed in the Alps - I will tease you with that and you can try and guess what I have in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment