Sunday 14 July 2019

Lifetime Guarantee

I've had one of my oldest models returned for repairs.

This is a 4mm scale model of the idyllic cottage where I was lucky enough to live during my second year at university - quarter of century ago.


It was made as a birthday present for my 'cottage mate' who loved the place as much as I did.

At the time I didn't have the skills to make a protective perspex case, nor know anyone to approach to do it for me, so the model has been open to the elements ever since.

All things considered I think it's stood up pretty well to living on a shelf in a dusty house with children and crazy pets, but it's beginning to show some obvious wear and tear and I've been asked if I'll give it an overhaul.

When I handed it over to my friend I told him it came with a lifetime guarantee and it'll be my pleasure to restore it, I hope, to its former glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment