Sunday 28 July 2019

Tea Time

The Worsley body ‘kit’ for the WHHR Ashbury ‘Buffet Car’ has been soldered up and passed over to me to make up an interior.



That’s going to take a little bit of research and puzzling out because I’ve never taken any photographs of it, and from what I’ve been able to deduce it’s quite a complex carriage with its counter, upholstered longitudinal benches and another section of traditional face-to-face seats.

But where, exactly, they all fit in is what I’ll have to work out.

3 comments:

  1. I think there is a reference model on Trainz that might be of help? The FR may have pictures you can use as reference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt the FfWHR has any photos as it is a WHHR carriage. Would you like me to go down and get any shots for you?

      Delete
  2. There's a useful publication by the WHR Heritage Group on the Buffet Car - photo's, interior details etc - all presumably used in the restoration. Mind you, as Paul says, it's probably easier for him to go and photograph the real thing!

    ReplyDelete