Tuesday 29 September 2020

A Bit On The Side

I've been puzzling for a while - and putting off - how to tackle the very prominent brake levers which are on the sides of the bogies on one end of the MOD flat wagons.

Much as I would like to it's clear that it's not going to work to cast them as a one-piece fitting to be glued on, so what I've decided to try is making a second set of bogie frames which include all the anchor points and then making a separate casting for the levers themselves.

To do this I cast another set of the basic side frames and added the extra pieces in styrene.

There will be a lot of fine details which I won't be able to feature - such as the saw-toothed ratchets that the levers pass through - but sometimes in this scale you've got to accept some compromises.


No comments:

Post a Comment